- Experience the feeling of swimming in the
Gulf of Mexico with award winning examples of fish caught in Destin. This exhibit is
displayed on a 100 feet of wall space depicting the Gulf floor.
- View a large collection of antique fishing
rods and reels, the most unique is constructed of split bamboo with an original Penn Reel,
that belonged to Ernest Hemingway.
- Get an idea of life in Destin before the
arrival of electricity in the 1930s.
- Visit the original Destin Post Office
building located adjacent to the property.
- See the oldest seine fishing boat still in
existence, The Primrose, built in 1925.
- Enjoy vintage photographs of early Destin
settlers, boat captains and their boats, beach scenes, businesses, and much more.
museum is open Tuesday through Saturday from 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Admission Costs: Adult $5; Seniors & Military $4; Children/Students
(Age 7 Through College) $3; Children under
6 & Members are